Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Let the waiting begin...

So we're doing it: the Hubs and I are buying our first home. But we're not just buying, we're building. After the initial excitement wore off, the fear set in and once the fear subsided, the hard part began: waiting. Anxiously waiting for everything to be shiny and new and just the way we want it. Waiting for a place to host friends and start establishing a home. And every time I open our tiny pantry or have to climb three flights of stairs just to walk the dog, that wait becomes slightly more unbearable.

Truth is, the wait's not so difficult because we can no longer fit in our tiny apartment, it's because I'm overflowing with ideas on how to create a home. Blame Pinterest, Houzz, HGTV, and Martha Stewart, but now that there's a date on when one of my biggest dreams comes true, I'm finding my nesting instinct impossible to resist.

So check in once in a while and I'll keep you up-to-date on the progress of our home and share ideas I'm excited to try when this all becomes real.