Monday, January 5, 2015

In the Meantime...

Yes, yes, yes, all the excited and commotion around our house is about the arrival of our new closet next week. We have a lot to do to prep, mainly taking out the old set-up so we have a blank canvas for the next unit.

On the to-do list:
  • Purge contents
  • Pull down wire shelves
  • Patch holes
  • Paint
  • Build units and install
  • Fill 'er up again
  • Add molding (eventually)
  • New light fixture (eventually)
Buuuuuut... we still have to live and function around our current closet for 6 more days, so there's really no sense in starting those projects until just few days prior to our closet's delivery. While we wait, I shifted my attention downstairs where (instead of putting away Christmas decorations) I decided to move the dining room set into the breakfast area.


I've really, really been avoiding this as a possibility since we moved in. I'm a hardcore, ride-or-die formal dining room fan. You can't have Thanksgiving dinner in a breakfast nook. I guess since we're currently about 11.5 months away from our next formal dining room meal, I broke down and said, "it's now or never." Might as well be now.

It was a simple shift really, just Pat and I lifting a table with 4 minutes to spare before the Bagel Bites came outta the oven. But the change is ah-mazing. I don't know why we didn't do it sooner (I mean, I do, but I didn't wanna...). The whole area looks much more done, even though it's totally not.


Ba-da-da-da-da! I'm lovin' it!

The only downside I can find is this leaves our dining room empty. I'm swimming in ideas to get the office downstairs and re-purpose the other bedroom. I guess we'll file this one under To Be Continued...


Note: I took all these pics around sunset, to serve as a flawless example of bad lighting. That's why they all look really yellow and grainy. I'll redo them sometime soon, when I'm not in the middle of a Love It Or List It marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment