Monday, September 8, 2014

Chalk It Up To...

Have I told y'all about my chalkboards?

Like most girls, I have a serious thing for chalkboards and chalkboard art. Like, we're not-seeing-other-people serious.

We have two chalkboards in the house: one in the foyer and one in the kitchen.


You may have seen them floating about in some wide shots, but I don't think I've ever shared them. Seeing as I have a serious disability when it comes to staying up-to-date with holiday decor, I love that this little thing only takes a few minutes to change out. Count on this: when all my other knick-knacks are two months out-of-context, my chalkboards are up-to-the-minute accurate.

I've only recently started cataloging my drawings, but here's a brief history to bring you up to date:







Pat has even tried his hand at designing chalkboards. I don't know what A September to Remember means (is it a sports or movie reference I don't get?), but I appreciate the input. He also gets writing cred for July Not So Dry.

Now I'm not delusional: I know I'm not Little Baby Garvin awesome with my designs, and you won't see a Woodward Place Etsy shop popping up anytime soon. What I can say with complete confidence is they make me happy and I feel like a little (very amateur) artist.

So that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment