Saturday, November 30, 2013

Money Matters

So here's a funny story, buying a house is expensive. And furniture is expensive. And decorating is also expensive.

Go figure!

With all these expenses compounding on each other, I seem to be drying out the money well that is my husband. So decorating has taken on a new challenge: spend as little money as possible for the foreseeable future.

Sure, our house has come a long way, but it's also still very incomplete. Most of our walls are still bare, our couch lacks throw pillows, and let's not even discuss the progress upstairs [read: none since move-in].

My normal style is to go and buy what I want to make our house a home. Even though I typically go to  bargain stores like Home Goods or Target, even those can really add up. So now it's time to look into DIY options or ways to revamp what we already own. Step one is going to be hanging pictures. Soon-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment