Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Pillows Worth Waiting For

They say patience is a virtue. Who "they" is, I don't know, but I wish I could shake their hands right now because I just had a major coup thanks to procrastination patience.

Because I've been putting off any Christmas-related activities, I hadn't tackled any Christmas shopping, presents or otherwise. That means I added very little by way of decorations, most of which I've already shared.

Finally, just a week before Christmas, I made things happen. In addition to numerous ornaments (our tree was feeling a bit sparse), I came home with three new pillows, just in time to spruce up the living room before all the holiday company arrives.

 Don't mind Boone's blanket. If I take it off even for the time it takes to snap a pic, he thinks it's a free-for-all.

Because I waited so late in the season, I practically stole these from my local Crate and Barrel. All three pillows were less than $20 a piece (the feather inserts are practically worth that) and brought a bit of much need color/Christmas cheer to the living room. The one I'm especially excited about is the hook pillow with reindeer on it. It was originally $99, but I got it at more than 80% off (sorry peeps, I got the last one).

Apparently, no one else wants to buy Christmas stuff now to only put it out for a few days, but I'm going to enjoy these for years. I don't mind one bit that we'll have to wait a while to spend more time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment