Tuesday, May 7, 2013

House Update: Really, Truly Foundation (for reals this time)

Today's the day we've all been waiting for: the plumbing is in, inspections are passed, and the clouds have (finally) parted.

Could today really be the day?

Could our foundation really be going in today?

You bet your sweet behinds that I wasn't about to miss a minute of the action. After waking up at the crack of dawn for more doctors appointments I decided to go out of my way and take a quick trip uptown before work. And you know what I saw?


...and this...


A real life, bonafide foundation, complete with front and back porches.

The constructions guys were looking at me like I had two heads while I walked around in the mud to get different shots. And I was okay with that.

Even though this will one day seem like a fairly insignificant milestone, it's no less a milestone and right now it's the biggest one I've had to celebrate. So if any of you are rolling your eyes in disbelief over how excited I am, just be glad you've got more exciting things going on in your life and leave me be.

Then get off your high horse and admit how awesome this is!



Our corner of the neighborhood. Thanks to the signs on their lots, I now know we will have a Vanderbilt (different elevation) on one side and a Ford on the other.



Two terrible views of our front porch


And the neighbors' friendly dog. She was barking at me when I was taking pictures, but as soon as I walked over she was giving me kisses in exchange for ear rubs. I did feel like a bit of a creep taking a picture of a stranger's dog, but we're future neighbors and I have a feelings she's gonna be Boone's new friend.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. What an great start to a day. We need pics of your face when the framing starts.

    ReplyDelete