Friday, July 19, 2013

House Update: Drywall!

So, last week our builder mentioned we could have drywall installed by the end of this week. But given the delays with the foundation and then inspections, I was not so sure that we'd be sticking to a timeline (no precedent).

Despite that, I naturally headed over there as soon as I got off work on Friday evening. Officially the end of the week. Between knowing we're not the timeliest bunch and not knowing what could have possibly delayed us this week, I was 50-50 on what to expect.

But I was pleasantly surprised.


Drywall! This is the view from outside our front door. Pat refused to wait on me for almost anything and I was so excited I couldn't even wait for him to get out of any pictures.

I feel like the camel in those Geico commercials: "Pat, Pat, Pat! Do you know what got installed today? Dry-WALLLLLLL!"

Here's our dining room.


Super excited the tray ceilings are in. Don't know why they wouldn't be or how they could be done without it, but still surprised and giddy.

Here's a glamor shot of the powder room.


View as you enter the kitchen area, looking into the living room:


The pantry. This half is storage.


And this precious nook, will be our coffee bar!


This is the view from the family room into the kitchen, pantry on the far right:


Love the mountain of sheet rock. Now let's go upstairs:


Sorry, I couldn't resist. This is what the loft looks like as you reach the top landing:


 Off the loft is the laundry room.


That little door on the right is the "linen closet" aka litter box nook.

Here's the second bedroom, followed by the third bedroom.



The window is still busted and probably will be until right before closing.

The upstairs bath:


And the master suite, complete with tray ceiling, blue walls, and a beautifully large closet.




And did I mention the garage's foundation went in?!


This is probably the single biggest change we've seen since we started building, definitely since the frame went up. While the frame took about a week, all of this happened since the last time I visited two days prior. Not too shabby StanPac, not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment