Monday, September 16, 2013

Mini Succulent Accents

I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a lot going on around here; between pricing out window coverings (more on that later) and trying to decide whether we want to DIY our fence or hire a professional there's not a lot of time left over. And I usually fill that time checking my email repeatedly, anxiously awaiting news of a closing date.

But I keep reminding myself to find time to enjoy the little things, like these mini succulent arrangements I made a few weeks ago.


This little guy is actually a repurposed candle jar. I used the super easy method of pouring boiling water over the candle remnants to melt the wax, then I poured out the empty wax (not down a drain!). That's it!

I can't wait to move this to the new house; I think he'll be adorable by the kitchen sink. Just a little touch of green and pink in an unexpected place. For the next few weeks, he's resting in a sunny spot on a bookshelf in front of my Harry Potter collection.

Then, there's the triplets:


I have no idea how I ended up with these three plants, but I love them. They live in an old wedding gift that I ended up coating in chalkboard pant. Eventually, these brothers will end up in the window sill of the half bathroom.

Succulents are such an easy plant to care for and they're so stinking cheap I can't help but keep adding to my collection (I'm sure several of you remember my DIY Terrarium from this summer). They're like small-scale pets that give your life an added ounce of purpose and joy and they make any room they're in feel alive.

Most importantly, they make me smile whenever I see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment