Monday, September 9, 2013

Moving To-Do List Update


 It's been  couple of weeks since I posted our moving to-do list, so it's now time to take a look and see what we've accomplished:
  • Pick out home insurance
  • Finalize loan*
  • Order the cats collars and tags
  • Patch the molding ("Boone Damage")
  • Deep cleaning the A.P.T.
  • Pick out paint colors
  • Pick out appliances
  • Decide on a new vet and get copies of the pets' medical records
  • Look at fences 
  • Pack...everything
Insurance: This was quite the battle for us. Pat was leaning towards cost-efficient ("insurance is insurance") and I wanted the works (agent we can actually meet, reliability, high premiums). After quoting both options, meeting an agent, and still being undecided, we turned to consumer reports. We were quite surprised to see that Amica is the number one in customer satisfaction for 11 years and didn't score less than excellent on any component. It seems to be the perfect compromise with prices only slightly higher than Progressive and high customer satisfaction. Here's hoping we never have to use it.

The Loan: We've done everything we can given we still don't have a closing date. To the best of my knowledge, we've done everything we will need to in order to close on the house with the exception of giving our HOI policy effective start date (which will be easy enough once we get a closing date).

Pet Collars: The kitties are adorable in their new collars and tags.  They are still adjusting to life with something constantly around their necks, and sometimes for a special treat we'll let them sleep "naked".

Paint Colors: I've got the paint colors narrowed down and will be ready to go when we move in. It does vary slightly from the plan I listed here, but it is still similar. That's all I'm saying for now.

Appliances: Done and done. The only thing left to do here is schedule a delivery date. For more deats on the appliances see my posts here and here.

Fences: Yeah, I've looked, but I'm still completely undecided about whether I want to DIY it or bring in a professional. Plus I haven't submitted my HOA approval request since we don't know when we'll get to start and I don't want the HOA request to expire.

Every time I check my email or my voicemail I get excited that I may find out when we'll actually get to move in. So far, every feeling of excitement has been followed by a let down, but I keep telling myself that we have to find out sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment